ABOUT THE ARTIST
Welcome to the abstract world of Delizia Art!
Mag. Sabine DELIZIA Egger
INTERVIEWING THE ONLINE-GALLERY „ART FOR ALL“ IN APRIL 2015:
1. WHAT WAS YOUR INTRODUCTION TO ART?
2. WHAT INSPIRES YOU? HOW DO YOU COME UP WITH YOUR DESIGNS?
Works like “Building blocks of life” were motivated by my background in the natural sciences – in microbiology.
However, I also find inspiration in current societal issues, as well as my love to nature and, of course, my painting trips, which would include the volcanic activity in Lanzarote and artistic atmosphere of the Côte d’Azur…
3. WHERE DO YOUR WORKS OF ART COME INTO EXISTENCE?
4. HOW DID YOU LEARN YOUR ARTISTIC TRADE?
5. WHAT, IN YOUR OPINION, WAS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING THAT ANYONE EVER SAID OR WROTE ABOUT ONE OF YOUR WORKS OF ART?
6. IN 3 SENTENCES: WHY DO YOU CREATE ART?
… in short: I just can’t do without it!
7. WHICH TECHNIQUES DO YOU PREFER AND WHY?
Why: it harmonises with my character. My journey from pencil to acrylic painting, via coal and aquarelle techniques, took many years. I can definitely say that I found my medium in acrylic paint.
8. HOW LONG DOES IT USUALLY TAKE YOU TO COMPLETE A WORK OF ART?
Usually I come up with a concept and go over it in my mind, often for many days, thinking about how I will realise the piece (I also discuss the idea with my husband). Sometimes I can finish a picture the same evening, whereas other pieces take days to revise and perfect.